Pedego Trail Tracker Gorilla Edition
Powerful geared motor
LCD display and USB charging
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Pedego Boomerang Plus
Five levels of pedal assist
Seven gears for easy pedaling
Kevlar belted tires
CHECK LATEST PRICE
X-Treme Malibu Elite Beach Cruiser
Fully Adjustable Comfort Seat
Up to 20 miles on single charge
7 Speed Shimano Shifter System
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Is there anything cooler or more fun than cruising along by the beach soaking up the atmosphere and catching some rays?
Well, there is and it’s when you can do all of this on an electric bike.
Let’s face it, you hardly want to work up a sweat by pedalling along while trying to stay cool, do you? But then that’s where turning to electric power is going to make a huge difference.
The problem with that is knowing which bike to buy. There are a vast array of options out there on the market, and some of them can cost a fortune so you hardly want to end up making some sort of a mistake.
So here is what we are going to do. We are going to remove the hassle of wondering which electric bike you should buy in order to cruise along by the beach.
With that in mind, let’s delve into discovering what is the best beach cruiser electric bike on the market right now.
Best Overall: Pedego Trail Tracker Gorilla Edition
Our winner is the Pedego Trail Tracker: Gorilla Edition, and it hasn’t won simply because it has been able to introduce a gorilla into the name.
- This bike is regarded as being one of the most powerful electric bikes on the market, so it has no problems on that beachy terrain.
- The battery is a 48 volt lithium battery along the same lines as you get in an electric car, so that’s going to explain the power aspect.
- The battery will last for up to 56 miles of cycling, and it will only cost you a total of 10 cents to charge it again, and that’s cool in our book.
- The 500 watt motor is very quiet, and yet it’s going to get you up those hills without you needing to worry about putting yourself under any strain.
- This bike can be used both on an off trails, so you can pretty much take it anywhere.
- It’s only available in a 26” frame, and that may not be suitable for everyone.
- If you have never used an electric bike before, then the amount of power could be slightly surprising at first. However, it just takes some time getting use to it, and then you will be speeding along and loving the experience.
Runner Up: Pedego Boomerang Plus
Our runner-up is another bike by Pedego, but this time it’s their Boomerang Plus.
We love the fact it has only a 9” high step-thru frame, so it means anybody can get on board without any difficulty.
- The low step-thru section means you can get on this bike without worrying about your balance as you step over the frame.
- The choice of colors makes it easier for you to get something that is far more appealing to your own preferences compared to other bikes.
- The battery offers you more than enough cycling miles to help you get out and explore your surroundings.
- The comfort level on this bike is high due to the suspension post designed to absorb those small bumps without it upsetting you.
- The overall frame height is low at 24”, and taller people may find this a bit difficult when it comes to trying to ride the bike.
- The wheels aren’t for going on the rough off-road trails, but cruising along at the beach will be perfect.
Alternative #1: X-Treme Malibu Elite Beach Cruiser
As an alternative, we have the X-Treme Malibu 24 volt Elite Beach Cruiser, and while it may have a less powerful battery than the two options mentioned earlier, it’s still capable of getting you around without too much difficulty.
- The fully adjustable seat is going to make this a smooth and comfortable ride for anybody that owns this bike.
- The lower power and reduced speed means it can be an ideal electric bike for a beginner.
- It still covers up to 20 miles of cycling while it only takes four hours to fully recharge, which is pretty amazing.
- It has a zero resistance rear hub motor, so no sense of drag or being held back leading to the feeling that the ebike is struggling.
- It also has a foldable basket that can be attached on various locations on the bike. It’s just a nice additional feature.
- If you like to go for long rides, then perhaps some people would feel the 20 miles was slightly restrictive.
- Some people may feel the colors are a bit in your face, but then others will feel they are cool and funky so it’s a personal preference.
Alternative #2: Pedego Comfort Cruiser
There’s no doubt that Pedego make some brilliant electric beach bikes, and their Comfort Cruiser is another model that stands out for us.
- The bike has as simple twist and go throttle along with a clear LCD display so you can keep track of exactly what is going on.
- The geometry of the bike is going to result in you effectively being forced into the perfect upright position. However, this simply adds to the comfort of the bike and enhances your cycling experience.
- With a relatively low step-thru height, it means getting on and off the bike is easy even if you perhaps have movement problems or difficulty with your balance when getting on and off normal bikes.
- The 350w motor on the bike is super quiet, but it still delivers enough power to get you up those hills at a reasonable speed, and with no effort on your part.
- Recharging this bike takes a matter of hours while it will only cost you a total of 10 cents.
- The seat could have perhaps done with some suspension instead of merely focusing on the padding even though the padded seat is still more than adequate.
- It doesn’t come with a basket that can be attached, and considering you will be carrying stuff for the beach, a basket may have been useful for some people.
Alterantive #3: VIP Aluminum Electric Bike Beach Cruiser
The final electric beach bike we have selected this aluminum electric bike beach cruiser, and it’s easy to see why as well.
- This bike is extremely lightweight since the frame is made from aluminum.
- With a range of 35 miles, this electric bike will get you around at the beach without any problems.
- The low slung frame makes it very easy for you to mount and dismount no matter your age or flexibility.
- The bike has a traditional beach bike design with the swept-back handlebars giving that authentic feel to it.
- With 6 gears, you will find it easy to cruise along by the beach without getting into too much difficulty.
- The seat could have had more suspension or padding to just add to that extra comfort during your ride.
- It’s only available in 26” frames, and that may not be suitable for everyone.
Buying the Best Value Cruiser Electric Bike
So perhaps you are sitting there wondering how you can get the best electric bike cruiser under 2000, or maybe you have even a smaller budget and want the best electric bike cruiser under 1000. If so, then you need to know what to look for before you part with some money.
Well, if you are indeed in this position, then there are several things you need to take into consideration prior to handing over any cash.
Understanding the Basics
The key to getting the best electric bike cruiser is to start off by being aware of the limitations of these bikes.
They really are for cruising along by the beach on unchallenging terrain while having the ability to look cool and stylish at the same time. They are designed for recreational purposes only, and they aren’t the type of bike where you would use it to commute to work.
If you want something for country roads, rough terrain, or anything aside from a leisurely cycle, then a beach cruiser electric bike wouldn’t be suitable.
Where a Beach Cruiser Electric Bike Differs from Others
Typically, a beach cruiser electric bike is going to come with a heavier frame than the likes of a mountain bike, and that does mean it’s not suitable for that longer commute as you are likely to get quite tired riding it.
Also, these bikes are not designed for rough handling. Think about even their name and how it mentions the word ‘cruiser’. Does that make you think about battling traffic?
The Power and Range
While a number of beach cruiser electric bikes have reasonable ranges, you still need to be aware of the maximum distance you can travel. This is something that varies by a considerable distance.
However, you should be looking at something in the range of 20 miles range as a basic starting point. Don’t worry too much about the speed aspect because most will do around 15mph, and that is fast enough considering where you will be riding.
Also, the power aspect is less of a concern. You won’t be riding on too many slopes here either, so it shouldn’t struggle to get up slight slopes even with a motor that comes with less power.
In saying that, you should still look at having something with at least a 250w motor. It just makes life easier for cruising along.
But now onto the wheels. People think of beach cruiser bikes and have visions of cycling along the promenade with an ice cream. Well, that’s often not too far from what actually goes on.
However, do be aware that some electric bikes built for this purpose do come with chunkier wheels. This is only going to be necessary if you plan on venturing onto the beach for an extended period of time.
Aside from that, you should be focusing more on general comfort when riding this bike rather than being caught up in the technical side of things.
The Key Points to Check Out
So this is what we recommend for you to check out when trying to select your brand new beach cruiser electric bike.
- Check the frame size. They are often 26”, but there are other options out there on the market.
- Check the step-thru level. It makes life easier when it comes to trying to mount or dismount.
- Check the range and speed. It means you know how far you can travel without running into problems.
- Look at the comfort aspect. Does it come with suspension on the seat, or on the front forks?
- Make sure you know how long it takes to recharge the battery. Most will take around 4 to 6 hours.
- Get something with the classic swept-back handlebars. It looks cool and is designed for cruising.
- Don’t worry too much about gears. You won’t be using this on terrain that is too taxing, so having to mess around with too many gears is not required.
- Don’t always fall into the trap of thinking these bikes are heavy. Modern versions do sometimes come with aluminum frames.
As you can see, you don’t have too many things to think about when it comes to getting your new cruiser electric bike.
What Not to Do
But on the flip side, there are several things you shouldn’t do if you are in the market for this sort of bike.
- Don’t sacrifice comfort for something else such as the range. It’s just not worth it when your ride becomes so uncomfortable.
- Avoid being drawn into the mechanical side of things too much. This bike is designed for ease of use, and that’s the way it should stay.
Basically, purchasing this type of bike should never be taxing. They are simple to use, simple to care for, and great fun to ride. Don’t complicate things when there’s no need.
Beach Cruiser Electric Bike FAQs
You will probably have a few questions you would like answered regarding the best electric beach cruiser bike, so here are some FAQs that cover some of the more common areas.
Can You Still Ride an Ebike Without the Battery?
While you can actually still ride an ebike even without the battery, it’s not going to be easy. Clearly, the ebike is designed to make it that bit easier for you on any sort of incline, so without the battery it’s all going to be left up to your own pedal power.
Is a Cruiser Bike Easier to Ride?
The short answer is undoubtedly yes. They are designed to be simple, easy to use, and suitable for pretty much everyone.
A beach cruiser bike is on a whole different level to the likes of a mountain bike. Not only is it significantly easier to adjust, but it maintains a basic approach to riding along. With relatively few gears, this bike is all about being relaxed and enjoying the ride without getting into the technical side of owning a bike.
How Fast Do Electric Bikes Go?
While there may be some variation between models, you are looking at the majority of the options on the market being able to get you up to 15.5mph. Now, this limit is not due to some sort of technical issue. Instead, it’s more to do with the legal limits after which you move into the realms of scooters or mopeds.
However, you will often see a number of electric bikes advertising that they can go up to 20mph. This can be due to changes in speed limits depending on your location, so check with your local authorities to make sure you stay on the right side of the law.
Do Electric Bikes Charge as You Pedal?
Once again, this answer is mixed as it all depends on the model you are using. However, electric bikes that charge as you pedal are in the minority as most are unable to do this.
The key here is in something called regenerative braking. What usually happens is that any power you would generate by your own pedalling would then be lost when you brake. If your electric bike has regenerative braking, then the energy is saved rather than being lost, so your bike does effectively charge as a result.
So What’s Our Overall Conclusion?
What we can conclude is that the best electric bike cruiser is undoubtedly the Pedego Trail Tracker. The main difference is not so much the power or distance, but just the overall make up of the bike itself.
The frame, thicker rubber, and the overall comfort of the bike means it’s an absolute breeze to ride this on the beach. It’s almost as if it’s specifically made for this very purpose.
However, any of the products listed above are going to be suitable for the majority of people. Check each one out, and see which option you feel fits in with your own personal needs.