Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket
True motocross design
Pneumatic knobby tires
Adjustable riser handlebars
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Kent 20” Torpedo Ebike
Sturdy Steel Frame
6 Speed Gearing
Dual Caliper Brakes
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket
Authentic dirt bike frame geometry
Dual suspension and riser handlebars
Pneumatic knobby tires
CHECK LATEST PRICE
Whenever you are looking to buy the best electric dirt bike for kids, then you have a number of options available.
That’s a good thing, but it also makes it that bit harder to ultimately decide which option you should go for.
Let’s face it, your kid is going to probably want the most powerful, fastest electric dirt bike possible, but you have to be responsible in what you buy. So, we are here to help.
You see, we know that kids will want the coolest, best dirt bike in the world. They want to impress their friends and everything else. Just any old dirt bike won’t cut it, and that’s stressful.
But don’t worry as we have some of the best electric dirt bike for kids on the market right now, and we are pretty sure that at least one of them will strike a chord with your kid.
Oh, but one other thing.
We know not every kid is going to want a dirt bike, so we have also looked at including some electric bikes in general, and thrown in an electric scooter as well. We have you covered from every angle, so let’s get to checking out the different options.
Best Overall: Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket
Our winner is the Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket, and this electric dirt bike is suitable for kids of 13+, but in all honesty it’s quite small so younger kids will be fine.
- It comes with a 250w motor, and that’s going to deliver enough power for your kid to get a whole lot of fun out of this dirt bike.
- It delivers high torque, and offers a good level of traction even on soft and muddy conditions.
- Comes with an easy to use twist throttle that allows your kid to really control the amount of power and speed they are generating.
- You can attach training wheels to the dirt bike if they are new to this.
- It’s sturdy and able to withstand a lot of punishment, so if they come off, then it’s hard for the bike to be damaged.
- The bike is smaller in physical size than you realize, and that’s why younger kids could be able to handle it and not just 13+.
- The range could have been a little bit better allowing for a longer ride, but it’s not a disaster by any means.
Runner Up: Kent 20” Torpedo Ebike
Our runner-up is something slightly different in that we have more of an e-bike here in the Kent 20” Torpedo.
- It offers enough power to make this an enjoyable ride, and with 15 miles range, it means your kid can get around with ease.
- The way the brakes cut out the motor, and also the fact it only engages the motor while pedalling, is a great idea and just provides another safety feature.
- It has a sturdy frame crafted from steel, so that’s going to be able to take a lot of punishment without being damaged.
- The tires provide enough grip to go off the track in most conditions even though they are not full on fat tires.
- You have dual caliper brakes and front suspension, so it does deliver a safe and comfortable ride.
- It only has 6 gears, so that does come with a few limitations, but at least it also means it’s quick and easy to learn how to use gears to the best effect.
- The battery does take around 6 hours to charge, and that’s longer than other models.
Alternative #1: Razor MX650 Dirt Rocket
Another option sees us going back to Razor and a larger Dirt Rocket, and this time it’s the MX650.
- It has a 36v battery to drive the 650w motor, and it’s a good combination resulting in an electric dirt bike that can cope with some pretty tough terrain.
- It comes with a variable throttle, so they can open it up in a controlled way and this allows them to get to grips with the speed.
- Having the two different sized tires helps with that rough terrain since it provides greater stability no matter the conditions.
- The power in this bike means going uphill won’t be a problem for your kid. It’s strong enough to keep a healthy speed even to pretty impressive inclines.
- It is smaller than it seems, so the recommendation of having this bike for 14+ seems a bit off.
- The battery needs to be recharged at least once a month, or it won’t hold the charge when it comes to using it.
Alternative #2: Ecotric 20” Folding Fat Tire Electric Bike
This electric bike by Ecotric is an impressive model.
Not only does it fold down, but it comes with fat tires, so it allows your kid to really go off-road without having to worry about the conditions.
- A 500w motor is going to deliver a whole lot of power to the rear wheels, so that’s what will get this bike up any inclines with ease.
- With 7 gears, it’s going to provide your kid with enough options when pedalling without confusing matters.
- The fat tires deliver amazing grip on pretty much any conditions, so your kid can go off the beaten track and still get back to civilization.
- It comes with a twist throttle that is easy to open up and control, so dealing with the speed side of things won’t be much of a problem.
- It’s constructed from an aluminum frame, so that keeps weight down as much as possible, which is useful when dealing with a folding bike.
- It doesn’t have any real suspension included, and that would have been useful considering the tires are for off-road when things are hardly smooth.
- It does fold down, but not to something that is too much smaller.
Best Electric Scooter for Kids: Ninebot eKickscooter Zing E8
Now for something a bit different in that we have the Ninebot eKickscooter Zing E8 which we see as being the best electric scooter on the market.
This is really for small kids, but keep in mind that this scooter comes with a 6 mile range, and it’s able to get to a top speed of 8.6mph. That is pretty fast for a scooter of this type.
Also, this is powered by Segway, so you know you can trust the technology behind the mechanisms. Switching between being powered by humans and the battery is nice and simple. Engage the throttle, then hold on before enjoying zipping along on the scooter.
We also love how this is so lightweight at under 18lbs. It then comes with a 130w motor, and that’s impressive on a scooter of this size, and that’s why it can produce this type of speed over this range.
- It’s lightweight, foldable, and yet still sturdy enough to withstand a lot of punishment.
- The speed it can achieve is impressive for the size, and it certainly feels substantially faster as well.
- Being powered by Segway, it means this scooter is reliable.
- It has a safety braking system included, so your kid is safe when they need to stop fast.
- It even has a shock absorber on the front to give a more comfortable ride.
- It’s only suitable for kids between the heights of 3’9” and 4’9”.
- It is limited on the type of slope it can go up, but it’s cool for going around the neighborhood.
How to Buy an Electric Mini Dirt Bike for Kids
Buying a mini electric dirt bike for kids is stressful. There are so many things to think about, and you will always have their safety in mind when it comes to your options.
However, we think that these points should make it easier for you to choose the best razor electric dirt bike for kids, or even the best electric bike for their age and size.
- Think about their experience on a dirt bike, and be aware of the power aspect. Also, don’t go for something that only operates on a full throttle if they have never been on a dirt bike before. That can be scary.
- Keep an eye on the range. This varies a huge amount before the battery then needs to be recharged. Think about where they will tend to be riding to help decide which bike is best for those conditions.
- For an electric bike, consider any safety aspect of the motor cutting out when brakes are applied. It’s a nice additional safety feature.
- Be aware of the top speed. Your kid will probably want to go fast, but balance out speed with safety.
- Look for any suspension. It gives a smoother ride and will decrease the chances of your kid falling off when hitting rough terrain.
- Determine how well it will fit them. Take their height and the height of the bike into consideration. Remember that often the size recommended by the manufacturer is different to what happens in the real world.
Overall, the key is to make sure that your kid can have fun on their dirt bike but are completely safe at the same time.
The models we have mentioned above all fit into certain criteria. They don’t complicate matters from a mechanical perspective, they provide a reasonable range and enough speed to keep your kid interested, and they all have various safety features included that allows you to relax when your kid is on their bike.
Also, you will see that we have mentioned not only dirt bikes, but also electric bikes and even an electric scooter has been thrown into the mix as well. Basically, there’s no reason why your kid cannot enjoy the power of an electric bike no matter their own preference.
Electric Dirt Bike for Kids FAQs
It’s understandable that you will have a number of questions in mind when it comes to buying the safest electric dirt bike for kids, so these questions and answers may be useful.
What is a good size dirt bike for a 13 year old boy?
When looking for a dirt bike for a boy of this age, then you are falling into something that can feel like a no-man’s land. However, you should really be looking at something that’s around 125cc by this age.
This power is going to give them one hell of a thrill, but it’s still within the safe zone, so you don’t have to stress about them riding it. Also, you may want to get something with a seat height that varies between 27” to 34”.
Oh, but if they have been riding dirt bikes for a few years, and they are clearly confident in handling it, then you may want to move things up a notch just to keep them interested.
What cc dirt bike is good for a 12 year old?
At 12 years old, you are generally looking at a dirt bike with anywhere from 65cc – 125cc, but there’s a bit more to it than just looking at the power.
Instead, you need to also consider the physical size of the 12 year old as there can be a vast difference.
It all depends on their maturity and experience levels when choosing a dirt bike for your kid. If they are brand new, then going for something in the lower range is the best idea. It gives them a chance to learn before upgrading to something closer to a 125cc bike.
Go in too fast and too hard, then you could make it harder for them to learn, and that applies no matter their physical size.
What age is a 110cc dirt bike for?
When dealing with a 110cc dirt bike, then you are generally looking at the age range of 8-10 years. However, as with any dirt bike, this is going to be largely dependent on a number of factors.
Also, this is the upper range for this age group. If they are new to dirt bikes, then focus around the 65cc at first. It may be slower, but it’s a whole lot easier to learn the ropes and how to handle a dirt bike before pushing the limit up higher and moving onto that 110cc.
Should I get my kid a dirt bike?
The quick answer here is, absolutely! It can be amazing fun, and it gives them a real hobby that they can move forward with.
It also allows them to practice a number of different things such as coordination, and even taking responsibility for their own safety. However, you still have to monitor things as much as possible.
The most important thing of all is to focus on the power of the dirt bike coupled with their age, experience, and physical size. All of those factors need to be taken into consideration to then result in your kid having the best possible dirt bike that will deliver maximum fun in the safest way possible.
Our Final Conclusion
There are so many high-quality dirt bikes out there on the market for kids of all ages and sizes, so finding something that’s perfect for your kid should not be a problem.
The key here is in finding something that fits them, and that does mean checking out the age, height, and weight that a dirt bike is suitable for. Don’t always go by what the manufacturer states as you will find that there will often be kids younger than the age that are having a wonderful time on the dirt bike.
Our winners are clear, but any of the bikes listed above are suitable for a range of kids of all ages and sizes. The main thing is for them to have something that they enjoy riding, and we can guarantee that this will apply to each and every model.
Finally, when looking for an electric dirt bike for kids Walmart can have some cool versions, so don’t rule them out. They can provide you with some top names that are built to the same high specifications as you would want for your kid.